Dr. Kate Kuhlman-Wood
Fellowship Trained in Hand Surgery & Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Kate Kuhlman-Wood, MD
Dr. Kuhlman-Wood treats several types of hand, wrist and forearm conditions and injuries including:
- Tendon Injuries
- General Arthritic Conditions of the Hand
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Nerve Injuries and Compressions such as Carpal Tunnel
- Distal Radius Fractures
In addition, Kuhlman-Wood is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon with expertise in body procedures such as:
- Breast Augmentation
- Body Contouring
- Post-Bariatric Reconstruction
- Post-Mohs Reconstruction of Wounds Resulting from a Microscopically Directed Surgery for Skin Cancer Resection.
About Dr. Kuhlman-Wood
Dr. Kate Kuhlman-Wood is a fellowship-trained hand, plastic and reconstructive surgeon. She moved to Coeur d’Alene from Houston, Texas to partner with knee specialist Dr. Jeffrey Lyman.
Kuhlman-Wood is a native of the Inland Northwest. Born in Chewelah, Washington, she grew up in Otis Orchards. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing in Spokane through Washington State University and worked as a registered nurse at Sacred Heart and Valley Hospital before pursuing a career in surgery.
Dr. Kuhlman-Wood holds a Certificate of Additional Qualifications in hand surgery.
- Undergraduate: Washington State University (ICNE), Spokane, Washington
- Medical: Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee
- General Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle
- Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle
- Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Houston
- Netscher, David, Kuhlman-Wood, Kate. "Flexor Tenolysis," Operative Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery, Volume 3 [to be released 2014]
- Tse, Raymond, Nixon, Jason, Iyer Ramesh, Kuhlman-Wood Kate A., Ishak, Gisele. "The Diagnostic Value of CT."
- "Myelography, MR Myelography, and Both in Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy." Accepted for publication by American Journal of Neuroradiology, 2014 Jul; 35(7)1425-32
- Tse, Raymond, Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A. "The Predictive Value of CT Myelography, MR Myelography, and Both in Brachial Plexus Palsy." Accepted Abstract, NARAKAS 2013.
- Sandvall, Brinkley, K., Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A., Recor, Carol, and Friedrich, Jeffrey B. "Flexor Tendon Repair, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction." Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013 Dec;132(6):1493-503
- Kuhlman-Wood, Kate A., Tudiver, Fred and Neher, Jon O. "What Is the Incidence of Bowel Perforation or Other Injury During Flexible Sigmoidoscopy?" Global Family Doctor - Wonca Online. Family Physicians Inquiry Network, 2008.
- Current Research involves Median Nerve Traumatic Transection, CMC Arthritis in Down Syndrome, and Flexor Tenolysis.
- Active Member in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Active Member in the American Surgical Society of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- Alpha Omega Alpha